M.Pharm Course is a 2-year postgraduate course offered to impart the knowledge of Pharmaceutical Science and other Pharmacy Subjects. M.Pharm Course is offered in various Specializations of Pharmaceutical Science, One can choose the specialization according to their interest and future career prospects. An individual must possess a B.Pharm degree in order to become eligible for this course. An M.Pharm degree opens doors to bigger career opportunities for an individual in the medical and healthcare sector.
- M.Pharm in Pharmacology
- M.Pharm in Industrial Pharmacy
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- M.Pharm in Pharmacy Biotechnology
- M.Pharm in Pharmacognosy
- M.Pharm in Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Administration
- M.Pharm in Medicinal Chemistry
- M.Pharm in Drug Discovery and Development
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance Course
- M.Pharm in Drug Regulatory Affairs
- M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics
M.Pharm Course Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualification required to pursue an M.Pharm course is a minimum 50% to 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in a B.Pharm course from a recognized and PCI-approved university or college.
M.Pharm Admission Criteria
M.Pharm admissions are mostly based on the entrance score in entrance examinations like GPAT or any other entrance exam. Most pharmacy colleges across India accept candidates with a valid GPAT Score, however, many states and universities conduct their own entrance test to offer admissions to M.Pharm course. There are no. entrance tests conducted at the national level or state level to grant admission in the M.Pharm course. We have mentioned the names of the major entrance examinations conducted by the various exam conducting authorities:
- GPAT (conducted by National Testing Agency)
- NIPER JEE (conducted by National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research)
- HPCET (Conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University)
- TS PGECET (Conducted by Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test)
- BITS HD (conducted by Birla Institute of Technical Science)
Top M.Pharm Colleges in India
As per NIRF (National Institutional Framework) rankings 2020, the top 10 Pharmacy Colleges that offer M.Pharm Course across various specializations are as follows :
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi (Course Fee- Rs 2,74,00)
- Punjab University, Chandigarh (Course Fee- Rs 58,800)
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Mohali (Course Fee- Rs 1,54,000)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani (Course Fee- Rs 8,43,000)
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Udupi (Course Fee- Rs 8,40,000)
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty (Course Fee- Rs 5,07,000)
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore (Course Fee – Rs 5,07,000)
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Guwahati (Course Fee – Rs 1,81,000)
- Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar (Course Fee- Rs 1,03,000)
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Course Fee- Rs 6,04,000)
Career Scope after M.Pharm Course
Various Job Profiles after M.Pharm Course
- Oncology Pharmacist (Average Salary- Rs 2.6 L.P.A to Rs 5 L.P.A)
- Drug and Quality Control (Average Salary- Rs 2.7 L.P.A to Rs 5.1 L.P.A)
- Pharmacologist (Average Salary- Rs 4.8 L.P.A to Rs 8.87 L.P.A)
- Lab Technician (Average Salary- Rs 3.5 L.P.A)
- Drug Inspector (Average Salary- Rs 5.38 L.P.A to Rs 16.7 L.P.A)
- Analytical Chemist (Average Salary- Rs 3.72 L.P.A)
- Clinical Research Associate (Average Salary- Rs 4.01 L.P.A)
- Professor (Average Salary- Rs 3.1 L.P.A to Rs 5 L.P.A)
- Medical Transcriptionist (Average Salary- Rs 2.93 L.P.A to Rs 3.33 L.P.A)
- Biomedical Scientist (Average Salary- Rs 4.27 L.P.A to Rs 7.57 L.P.A)
- Pharma Benefit Analyst (Average Salary- Rs 2.9 L.P.A to Rs 5 L.P.A)
- R&D Applicant (Average Salary- Rs 4.8 L.P.A)
- Registration and Regulatory Affairs Head (Average Salary- Rs 12 L.P.A)
- Quality Senior Executive (Average Salary- Rs 6.02 L.P.A)
- Marketing Head (Average Salary- Rs 13.37 L.P.A)
Employment Sectors for an M.Pharm Graduate
- Hospitals and healthcare centers
- Department of National Defense
- Health & Welfare Provincial Research Council
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- Medical Colleges
- Community Pharmacy
- Quality Control Units
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Companies
- Medical Writing
Top Recruiting Companies for M.Pharm graduates
- Reddy’s Laboratories
- Wockhardt Ltd.
- Lupin Ltd.
- Apollo Hospitals
- Abbott India Ltd.
- Max Healthcare
- Biocon Ltd.
- Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Fortis Hospitals
- Glenmark Pharma Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Cipla Ltd.